RON in Maine
Back in April 2021, Janet Mills, the Maine Governor, signed LD 2023. Once it is effective, remote online notarization becomes available across the state to all notaries. The RON law in Maine is set to become effective in July 2023.
Now, like other states, Maine’s Department of the Secretary of State has outlined new processes and regulations for notaries. You can check out Maine’s Secretary of State site to learn more in-depth information. Online notarization will continue to expand its services in commercial and non-commercial areas.
Using the PandaDoc Notary platform, Maine residents and commercial players can schedule an online appointment with an electronic notary agent and communicate notarization details through a virtual video conferencing tool.
Read on to find out how remote online notarization works in Maine and how the PandaDoc Notary platform is making a difference in the realm of RON:
How does PandaDoc Notary work?
PandaDoc Notary is the most transparent, affordable, convenient, flexible, and secure platform you can use to notarize documents online. Interestingly, PandaDoc Notary platform features impressive built-in tools that make it easier for users without any technical background to notarize documents.
PandaDoc Notary is playing a vital role in making remote online notarization more mainstream across Maine and other states. Gone are the days when you had to have a technical understanding of notarization. Today, you can sign up for PandaDoc Notary and get an online notary agent in a matter of minutes, and you can complete your entire notarization process online.
All you need to do is schedule an appointment, get in touch with a Maine notary agent through a video conferencing tool, and leave it to the online notary agent to take care of the rest. PandaDoc Notary has made notarization simpler and easier for new users. You can make an electronic signature and notarize documents in a matter of minutes.
Learn more information about how to better utilize the PandaDoc Notary platform and request a demo to notarize a variety of documents.
How does online notary work in Maine?
Maine’s RON services have to meet specific requirements. In Maine, remote online notarization works through approved technology to conduct various notarial acts online.
Some of the steps users have to take to make online notarization work in Maine include:
- Maine notary public and the signer can meet in a virtual setting through a videoconferencing solution that meets online notarization requirements in Maine.
- The signer has to present an updated form of identification to the online notary agent through the videoconferencing tool.
- The signer can electronically sign one or more documents that require notarization through digital signature or electronic signature.
- The online notary agent verifies and affirms the signer’s identity.
- The online notary can only process and provide the notarial certificate “after” witnessing the electronic signature.
- Online notary agent applies a digital notary seal to the notarized document.
- As per Maine RON law, an online notary agent needs to record the entire session of every notarial act in a digital journal.
You can easily find a remote online notary in Maine. In Maine, you can use PandaDoc Notary to accelerate your notarization process and get an online notary agent to perform notarial acts in a short time.